Thursday, October 30, 2008

Getting a little perspective...

One of my classes this fall is a basic perspective design class. These past two projects focused on 3-point and 5-point perspective techniques and were actually quite fun! It's been extremely helpful to see how blocking out a comp correctly in space helps move it along quickly and more efficiently. 

Here's a street scene in Italy in the rough, working stages....
And here it is as the final drawing, without rendering or values....

The next project was a movie theater entrance, or something with presence. 
Since 5-point perspective can be extremely tricky, I decided to keep my design very simple, in order to fully understand what I was learning, instead of getting tied up in making it too tricky.

Here is the rough drawings, where I worked out some of the perspective issues....

And here is the finished drawing, again, with no rendering or values....

No comments: